Pipe Grid Components
Are you looking to build your own pipe grid or replace existing hardware? Select from the various hardware items below to create your desired pipe grid design. Each piece of hardware listed has a downloadable cut sheet (below). Within our resource page you can select our Pipe Grid Specification sheet to assist you in your design and engineering selection of these parts. If you require a detailed review, take a tour of our interactive studio space. Another good resource is our Pipe Grid How To Video on You Tube.
Engineered Pipe Grid Packages
Do you have a design in mind or a specification? Send your information to one of our team members and we will review, advise and create a complete bill of materials.
Pipe grids can vary in both shape and load rating. Standard pipe grids require 1-1/2” steel pipe overlaid in a 4 foot x 4 foot matrix with a user applied design load rating of 25lbs/linear foot of pipe. A key requirement in designing a pipe grid system is to fully understand the ceiling structure that the system will be suspended from. You can review our dead hung rigging section to see some examples of typical suspension types.
We supply pipe grid systems in mill finish(requiring painting onsite), flat black painting, or powder coated for more custom colored options.
Contact us for your custom quotation today and remember to have the key items answered below for us to assist you in your project.
Pipe Grid Questions:
Overall size: width x length
Matrix: pattern of overlaying pipes (typically 4ft x 4ft)
Ceiling Structure: type of ceiling the system will be suspended Perimeter Walls: what are the wall made of – for horizontal bracing
Height: floor to ceiling AND height from floor to pipe grid elevation
Pipe & Components
- Splice for 1-1/2″ schedule 40 pipe
- (4) 3/8” x 2-1/4” Grade 5 bolts w/ nylock nuts
- 10 gauge steel with complete perimeter pipe fit
- Two piece attached with 3/8″ Black grade 5 Hardware
- Sized for 1.5″ schedule 40 steel pipe
- Supplied with top 9/16″ rigging hole
- Zinc black finish
- Clamp stamped with 1,000# WLL
1/8″ steel formed clamps for intersecting pipes
- Clamps supplied with black grade 5 hardware
- Black finish
- 1,500# WLL
- 1-9/16″ DOM tube mill finish steel welded to 1/4″ plate steel
- Meant for insertion into Schedule 40 1-1/2″ pipe.
- Used for lateral stabilization of pipe grids
- Mounting hardware not included
- For use to distribute load where a single ceiling anchor point is not appropriate
- Can be used as a bridle point anchor
Low Pipe Track Bracket
- Creates easy 360 degree mounting of standard I-Beam track systems to 1-1/2” Pipe
- Primarily intend to attach to the lower pipe on Pipe Grid Systems.
- This arrangement allow for the bottom of curtain track systems to be installed just 2-7/8” below the hanging pipe
- Bracket provided in Black
High Pipe Intersection Bracket
- This arrangement allow for inline and 90 degree hanging arrangements.
- Connect to upper pipe of Pipe Grid Systems for lower fixed pipe positioning.
- Bracket provided in Black.
High Pipe Track Bracket
- Creates easy 360 degree mounting of standard I-Beam track system to 1-1/2” Pipe.
- Primarily attaching to the upper pipe on Pipe Grid Systems.
- This arrangement allow for the bottom of curtain track systems to be installed just 4-3/4” below the hanging pipe
- Bracket provided in Black