Technical Designer and Quality Control Inspector
The technical designer will report to and work with the Engineering Manager in creating effective production drawings for in-shop / outside vendor fabrication of IWEISS products for customer sale and internal company installations. Example of outside vendor fabrication will be creation of files for laser cutting, water jet, and machining. Qualified individuals should be responsible, have robust communication skills, strong attention to detail, great problem solving abilities, exceptional visualization skills, and a working knowledge of fabrication with assembly.
Essential Job Functions
- Attending project kickoffs and fabrication meetings with Project Managers and Engineering Manager
- Produce effective production drawings for fabrication in internal manufacturing or for a 3rd party.
- Work on and deliver drawings and all other specific materials within pre-established timelines.
- Support the General Manager in the MO Shop.
- Direct Quality Control with the Vendors and the Shop Staff.
- Produce files for Laser Cutting and/or Water Jet.
- Communicate directly with local vendors
- Supporting the overall goals of the company.
- Support the overall department goals as set by the Engineering Manager and the leadership team.
Additional Job Functions
- Attend and participate in weekly department meetings; Job meeting and Drafting meeting only apply.
- Assist in any print production needs based on the awarded project.
- Assist in maintaining organization of shared files according to departmental and company guidelines.
- Source materials and finishes as defined by the scope of the awarded project.
- Assist in creating and updating templates for internal and external use.
- Send reports and action plans to the Engineering Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in technical theatre (a plus) or equivalent shop experience
- Design of rigging elements and system components
- Professional experience in creating production drawings
- Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office are a must
- Inventor and Adobe skills are a plus but not required
- Experience creating vectored drawings consistent with CNC machine operation
- Shop drawing experience (furniture, scenic fabrication, etc.)
- Working experience with various materials and fabrication techniques
- Must be able to provide written reports and feedback
- Must be organized, detail oriented and team driven
- Must be flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Team player, hardworking, common goal drive application ONLY
- Full time employment in Ozark, MO
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health plan, 401K, and vacation/personal days